An efficient way to check many children in and out at once is not to stand on a ladder and adjust the big hands on a clock. A better way is to use a Time and Attendance program from a company that specializes in Daycare Software. This will help you save time and simplify the management of your child care, preschool or similar child-centered business. In this article we’ll show you how the Batch Post Time Card feature of Procare Software® may be used to check children both in and out at the same time.
This is the third in a series of articles about tracking time and attendance of children. The first article called One Pick Up, Many Children and the second article Bus Run Check In may also be of interest.
Batch Post Time Card
A “batch post” simply means to process the in and out times for many children (a batch) all at once. This greatly simplifies the process if you have many children and days of attendance to record. This particular feature is used when you want to check children both IN and OUT for a certain day.
Children are checked into their main class (known as their Primary Classroom) or into their scheduled class which may be different. You’ll start by choosing an enrollment date so only children who are actively enrolled will be checked in and out.
- From the main screen of Procare Family Data choose Functions > Attendance Tracker > Batch Post Time Card.
- Choose an “Enrolled as of” date. This will eliminate any children who may not be enrolled.
- Select whether to use each child’s Primary Class or the classroom to which they are scheduled.
- Choose which classroom(s) to include, for example “All Classrooms” or just a specific one.
- Enter the date that will be recorded on each child’s time card.
- If you are using the child’s scheduled classroom their scheduled in and out times will be used. If you use their Primary Class then you’ll enter the Time In and Out to use.
- Click Next.
- A list of eligible children will be displayed. You may check off individual children to include or check them all at once. If needed you may change the classroom or in and out times for specific children.
- Click Process and the times are transferred to the time card of each child.
The Batch Post feature allows you to quickly record attendance for everyone at once and get back to doing what you do best – spending time with the children.