Procare Software® is seeking a Denver based Controller to assist the CFO in building an accounting organization to drive the next phase of growth for the company. This is a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking and ambitious individual to get exposure to the private equity world as part of a fast growing and profitable company working for an experienced PE CFO.
The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Key Responsibilities Include
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Manage staff as appropriate
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Prepare and issue necessary Debt reporting
- Prepare and issue necessary BOD financial supporting documents
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Additional Project Responsibilities
- Assess, choose and implement an accounting ERP system to support the company’s future growth
- Assess, choose and implement supporting ancillary systems such as tax software, payroll system, HR systems, expense management system, etc. to support the company’s future growth
- Assess the impact of ASC-606 and implement the necessary documentation and controls as the Company adopts the standard in 2019.
- Assist the CFO in building an accounting organization and capability in Denver, Colorado while supporting operations in Medford, OR
Preferred Education and Experience
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
About Our Company
Procare Software® is a rapidly growing, private equity backed, software company focused on the child care and early education markets. We are the leading provider of child care management software; our experienced team has been working in the child care management software business for over 20 years. Today, Procare Software® is used by over 30,000 child-centered businesses around the world.
We work hard to provide outstanding products and services to all our customers. Our team is dedicated to providing the best solutions for child care and we love being a part of the Procare family. Our downtown Medford office offers a modern workplace environment, complete with secured covered parking, a lounge/game room, café, and open office environment with views of downtown.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and credit check.
Drug-free work environment. No recruiters or agencies.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – If you are selected for an interview, a member of our team will contact you.
Easy to learn and use. Helps me manage my financials & paperwork for my center and makes it easier for check in purposes as well!
Our U.S.-based support team is dedicated to providing solutions, training and tools with the option of remote support technology to diagnose and repair your issues.
We also have an entire support website dedicated to helping you succeed with videos, articles, tips, live webinars and more.