System Administrator IV
The System Administrator is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning, support and recovery procedures for all corporate, private and public cloud systems. You will be one of our technical experts with the administration of complex systems and services and deliver world-class solutions to Procare’s internal and external customers. You will collaborate effectively with other Procare departments in order to achieve our company-wide strategies.
To succeed in the role, you must be passionate and energetic to ensure our customers continuously experience top-notch performance while utilizing highly available, secure products. This role is best suited for a highly organized system administrator with experience in a fast-paced, growing and agile corporation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers, troubleshoots, resolves problems, monitors, and conducts performance management and reporting. Responsibilities include patch management, virus management, capacity management, system upgrades and system monitoring for Linux, AWS and Windows environments.
- Continually improve effectiveness and efficiency of system performance using qualitative and quantitative measures
- Detects, isolates and resolves system issues encountered during operations. Additionally, provide documentation and communication on any lessons learned post incident.
- Participate in after-hours call coverage shared by team.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across all stakeholder groups. Advise, influence and support all teams to achieve goals.
- Supports the implementation, testing and documentation of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity initiatives.
- Works within the established and documented process for change management to build test and implement approved changes.
Skills and Abilities:
- Energy, passion, and imagination. You will be challenged, and also have an opportunity to make a difference for children, families, and early childhood educators.
- Experience architecting and designing complex infrastructures.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Linux, Windows Server 2008R2 through 2016, Powershell programming, Hyper-V, Active Directory, load balancing, HA/DR and DNS.
- Ability to provide appropriate, relevant written guidance to stakeholder groups ranging from developers to executives
- Working knowledge of and experience with Agile and ITIL
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a very dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Confidence to drive accountability for deadlines across departments and organization structures
- Ability to commit time and energy required to meet project schedules and objectives
- An attention to detail, and ability to clearly articulate the status of multiple efforts at any time
- Ability to problem solve and adjust as challenges arise or risks are uncovered
Five or more years of recent professional related experience in system administration, cloud computing, high availability/DR concepts, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Ability to effectively communicate with customers on all levels. Ability to perform in-depth systems analysis, recognize problems, opportunities or underlying patterns.
About Our Company
Procare Software® is a rapidly growing, private equity backed, software company focused on the child care and early education markets. We are the leading provider of child care management software; our experienced team has been working in the child care management software business for over 20 years. Today, Procare Software® is used by over 30,000 child-centered businesses around the world.
We work hard to provide outstanding products and services to all our customers. Our team is dedicated to providing the best solutions for child care and we love being a part of the Procare family. Our downtown Medford office offers a modern workplace environment, complete with secured covered parking, a lounge/game room, café, and open office environment with views of downtown.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and credit check.
Drug-free work environment. No recruiters or agencies.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – If you are selected for an interview, a member of our team will contact you.
User friendly support. I don't have to be a computer genius to get the program to work correctly.
Our U.S.-based support team is dedicated to providing solutions, training and tools with the option of remote support technology to diagnose and repair your issues.
We also have an entire support website dedicated to helping you succeed with videos, articles, tips, live webinars and more.