You will need to set up schedules for children to forecast available slots, and if you also wish to forecast staffing needs setup employee schedules as well. With this information in place you may then run the classroom schedule analysis reports to see your scheduled classroom occupancy or scheduled children-to-employee ratios by any date range desired.
Set Up Schedules
- Assign each child a schedule. You can set up as many schedules (for each child) as far into the future as you want to forecast. Schedule them for the future classes you expect them to be in based on their age.
- Assign each employee a schedule. You can set up as many schedules as far into the future as you want to forecast.
Finding Classroom Openings
Examine Staffing and Classroom Capacities
Use these reports to compare your allowed capacity in the room (say 12 children) and maximum number you currently have scheduled (say 10) to the employee totals. Go to Reports > Standard Reports > Classroom Schedule.Choose any week you like (using the Date Range button) so you can forecast to any point in the future.
- Classroom Schedule Analysis – Provides Room ratios, Capacities, Maximum children scheduled, first in/out and whether over or under staffed.
- Classroom Schedule Analysis (12 or 24 hr) – Provides a graphical view of staffing over/under items of the day.
Compare the above reports to actual employee schedule reports to manage under-staffed hours. Go to Reports > Standard Reports > Employee Data > Employee Schedulesand choose any or all of these reports:
- Employee Schedule Summary (12 or 24 hr) – Provides a graphical view of each room with employee names and times of day scheduled.
- Employee Schedule Summary by Work Area – Provides a name list and printed times scheduled.
- Employee Schedule – Provides a page of each employee’s scheduled room and times.