Child Care Accounting for Centers, Programs & Families
Bookkeeping has never been easier with Procare’s comprehensive suite of accounting software tools that help you track and manage family balances, agency payments, and your center’s income and expenses.
Why Use Daycare Accounting Software for Bookkeeping & Family Accounting?
Automate child care billing
Automate child care billing to record tuition charges, supply and activity fees, sibling discounts, and co-payments and family discounts in seconds. You can also manage hourly billing, overtime and late pickup fees with ease. Quickly record late payment fees and print notices for all past due accounts. Split fees for divorced parents and separate family co-payments from government agency totals.
Stay up to date on each family’s balance
Track each family’s balance including their history of registration fees, tuition charges, family discounts and daycare payments received.
Keep track of agency payments for subsidized child care
Manage payments from agencies like DHS, DFACS, DCFS, Head Start and similar programs for subsidized child care programs. You’ll know how much is owed from each family and agency, and can easily monitor outstanding balances from prior months.
Simplify paying bills and tracking expenses
Get a full understanding of your company finances and make profitable business decisions based on revenue flow. Maintain a record of your vendors, payment terms and standard expense categories like classroom supplies, maintenance, utilities and rent. Then establish a budget, enter beginning balances, select a fiscal year and reconcile your checkbook. You can even make journal entries for expenses like bank fees or track credit card purchases.
Create reports for all of your accounting needs
Pull reports with a few clicks of your mouse to help you make informed business decisions. Easily compile monthly and year-end tax statements, total revenue and income reports, balance sheets, customer statements and more, giving you a full picture of the health of your child care business.
Ready to get started?
Discover how Procare has helped hundreds of thousands of early childhood professionals streamline student attendance tracking and more.
Access a Broad Range of Bookkeeping and Accounting Capabilities
Child Care Billing & Family Accounting Features
- Process Recurring Tuition Fees
- Link Fees to Child’s Schedule
- Billing for Divorced & Subsidized Families
- Financial History for Each Family Account
- Record Fees as a Batch to Specific Groups
- Post Late Fees as a Percentage or Fixed Amount
- Track Deposits for Summer, Fall, etc.
- Print Receipts Automatically
- Complete Audit Trail / Change Log
Accounting and Child Care Business Reports
- Family Account Balance
- Account Activity Reports
- Customer Statements and Receipts
- Aging Reports / Accounts Receivable
- Total Revenue and Income Reports
- Bank Deposit Report
- Monthly and Year-End Tax Statements
- Receivable Journal Summary
- Income Statement (Profit and Loss)
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- Budget Variance Report
- General Journal – Summary and Detail
- Checkbook Register Summary
Agency Payments Features
- Track Agency Fees Separate from Family Co-pays
- Apply Agency Payments to Specific Fees for Each Child
- Monitor Past Due Balances
- Print Agency Balance and Aging Reports
- Write off Unpaid Fees or Transfer to Parent
- Track Child Contract by Agency
- Store Agency Documents in Electronic Format for Each Family
Expenses and Ledger Features
- Consolidated Financial Reporting
- Flexible Chart of Accounts
- Cash or Accrual Basis Accounting
- Budgeting for Revenue and Expenses
- Easy Month- & Year-End Closing
- Checkbook Reconciliation