With Teacher Appreciation Week (May 3-7) right around the corner, we wanted to share ways to recognize the people who play such a significant role in the lives of millions of children every day. This year more than ever, we urge you to honor and celebrate those on the front lines who are helping our children learn and grow.
Here are 10 ways to show your appreciation:
1. Encourage your child to write a letter noting something special this person has done for them recently.
2. Send a gift card for classroom supplies.
3. Coordinate with other families to create a poster (perhaps using post-it notes) or a thank-you book for the teacher.
4. Find out and drop off the teacher’s favorite treat.
6. Record a video of your child sharing their favorite thing about this person and email it to them.
7. Send an email expressing your gratitude for all this person does.
8. Coordinate an online fundraiser to raise money for next year’s classroom supplies.
9. Offer 30 or 60 minutes of your time that this person can cash in for extra help in the classroom or even to free them during their busy off hours.
10. Treat your teacher to a gift card for a free coffee or meal.
We hope you find this list helpful as you determine the best way to show your appreciation for all the wonderful things your child’s teacher does to help them learn and grow!